Sunday 24 September 2017

Zenith Swim Meet - Recount

I stepped over all the bags carefully and sat beside Jaxson.
¨How are you feeling?¨ He asked.
¨Nervous,¨ I replied
¨Molly go to your race!¨ My mum yelled.
¨Good luck!¨ everyone said as I walked over to marshaling. They called my name and I sat in lane 5´s seat. Time had past, races had started and finish; then it was my go to stand by the blocks. The swimmers were coming closer and closer to the wall. Then the whistle blew to get up on the block. I crouched on the block, still like a statue.
¨Take your marks¨
BEEEEEEEEEEEP!

I dived into the bitter pool. The race had started; the timers were ticking; it was a race against the time. I had to beat 2:57:42, and my time was just under 3 minutes. So it was my least likely race to qualify in. The water rushed past me. Each breath was a breath of relief, a gulp of life flooded in me. Last 25m I thought to myself! A couple of meters ahead of me was a 16 year old girl but that wasn't going to stop me from catching up to here. As the time kept ticking and I kept pushing through the water; my fingers touched the wall!

I took a big, deep breath and paddled to the lane rope. I fixed my eyes on the board. Beside my lane number was first! Thoughts were flooding through my mind, ´I had bet a 16 year old (by .04 seconds)!´But that wasn't the best thing I qualified for Short Course Nationals for 13 year old and also for the next age group up, for the next year! Also to put a cherry on top of my pie,I got a 5 second personal best! I climbed out of the and went to get my clothes.
¨Good work!¨ I said to Gabby (The swimmer that just got beaten by a 13 year old!)
¨Good work to you too!¨ She replied with a smile.
I walked back to where everyone was sitting and they all said well done. But then I got the bad news from Jaxson:


¨You still have another race!!¨


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilot Essay

What job has the best office view, you can travel the world and you are helping others while doing your job? What is it? My dream job, a Pi...