Tuesday 1 November 2016

Grade 3 NZ Speech Board Exam 2016

Lately I have been practicing speech for my Grade 3 NZ Speech Board exam. I had to write a technical speech, make a presentation poster and talk to it (I chose swimming!).  I also had to practice sight-reading, a prepared extract (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!) and a poem.  In the exam we got put on the spot to do an improvisation.  I was nervous at the start, it was nice just to have two of us, not a big group.  I felt like I did well and I got Merit.  Competitions are fun.  Exams are harder than competitions, because they are at the end of the year with all the other assessments.  Performing at events is really fun, because it doesn't matter if you muck up - they don't know, because they don't have your words!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilot Essay

What job has the best office view, you can travel the world and you are helping others while doing your job? What is it? My dream job, a Pi...